Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to Class

Shooting has ended! It is a sad day.

We had writing today with Crickett, where we discussed our stories, and how to introduce protagonists and then keep them interesting.

We then had "Directing the Actor", which was a new (but only one time) class. It was hard! They gave us all a monologue and an actor and said "Have us know what their location is, who they are, and what their relationship with the person they're talking to us is." We only had 15 to 20 minutes to get the actors ready. It was crazy and very hard!!

We also had to do that for our Filmmaking class. That time, though, I was not a director, which was fun. I got to be an actor. We did a scene from Tootsie. Worst direction note of my life, though: "Act like Dustin Hoffman."

How do I do that?

Did not like it at all.

Anywho...

I edit my film tomorrow, so I get to see how my footage turned out. =] YAY!


A bunch of friends came to our apartment and we partied and dyed a couple peoples' hair.

Fun day!

The more I get into the camp, there is less to say... because classes aren't new anymore, it's just building details.

However...

Highlights of the day:

-being "socially awkward" (inside joke) with las amigas. =]
-Michael saying "I didn't recognize you there in the pool."
-laughing so hard I almost peed myself while walking back to the apartment.
-telling stories.
-watching Moulin Rouge

=]

Night!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing an amazing job writing about your learning adventure! It will be awesome to see your work, when you get it done!!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete