Monday, August 3, 2009

Freaking Out, Directing, and Relaxation

Today I woke up at 7:00 am. I start every blog with that type of sentence. Hahaha.

I woke up to the sound of an alarm clock, but the pain of a really bad sunburn. It was painful getting out of bed, getting dressed... everything. Everything hurt. And when I say that, I really, truthfully, mean that. It was like needles piercing into my back.

So, I got ready, and started to make a bagel.

Small problem.

The bagels were all moldy. Fear hit me: How many times had I eaten a moldy bagel?

I don't think I had, actually, but it was still scary.

Chloe and I headed down to the parking lot at 7:45.

I've never really touched on how long it takes to get there, but it can take from as short as about 12 to 15 minutes, to about 15 to 20 minutes. It sucks. It involves walking down a very steep hill, down a street for a while, crossing three crosswalks, and then using our awesome photo ID badges to get into the Universal backlot parking lot. I'm so legit.

We waited for the vans, got shuttled away to the theme park location, and then sat around for a while. When they started calling for crews, I got nervous, because it was just me and one actor. Slowly another actor showed up and two other crew members, so I was missing my Director of Photography and lead actress.

My DP showed up, but I was still missing my lead, so I was still freaking out! I eventually just went out onto location, leaving my DP to wait for my lead, so we could get the location I needed. She showed up, but then my DP didn't show up. So I changed my AC (Camera Assistant) to my DP. We got going, and then the original DP showed up.

She came over and found out she wasn't DP anymore, and then she just... disappeared. I don't know where she went... who knows?

Oh well.

My DP was now Becky, and she was rocking that camera!

We did a very complicated camera move, which was wide shot to close up while circling the actor, pushing down to a close up of feet and purse.

I was very impressed. =]

We spent about half an hour just rehearsing the first shot. It went really well! I loved it!

We had some minor skirmishes when actors disappeared randomly to go buy ice cream, but overall everything went super awesome.

So my final film will be available... who knows when? Hahahaha.

We edit on Thursday.

So, that's about it.

I'm sitting in the apartment listening to Chloe's iTunes music and chatting about our days. When Jasmine gets back we're going to finish watching Moulin Rouge.

So now THAT'S it!

Ta-ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment